Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Move over Monet

Happy Birthday Canada!

For once I skipped the downtown crowd and instead played with my camera along the Rideau River. Got to watch the black swans, lots of ducks, a number of red winged blackbirds and, of course, gulls and pigeons. Probably should've taken some feed. It might've made getting pics of the swans easier. I also grabbed a shot of the water lilies because I thought the flower was pretty. For fun, I might run it through some photoshop filters and make it look like the work of a French impressionist.




The day didn't provide just art, it also offered some unusual music. Sitting on some rocks playing with settings and lenses, I heard some tinkling above me. Looked up to see a bird perched on a branch. The delicate chime was coming from a fishing lure dangling from the branch, presumably lost after someone cast overhead instead of sidearm. Each time the bird moved, the branch bobbed and the sunbleached lure sang out a sweet tune.

No comments: