Friday, June 27, 2008

Let's get physical

There's some serious neglect going on here. It's been hectic here of late and, sadly, the long weekend isn't really all it seems since Monday is a work day and Tuesday is a day off. *sigh* Regardless, I figured it was long past time to break the silence on here and share something... anything.

My original options were to discuss something topical in Ottawa like Bluesfest, Canada Day events, snipers at the court house, storms, whatever. But I can't be bothered. Oh, I'll have something to say about Bluesfest after Thursday, most likely, since I plan to break with tradition and actually attend the event. As for Canada Day, it's better in review.

So that leaves me with pole dancing. Yep. That's right. POLE DANCING. And no, I'm not talking about Barefax. I'm referring to a fitness class I just signed up for. Seriously. In two weeks I'll be shaking and grinding and sliding and... well... you get the picture. It's dance with a prop. Or a workout with a naughty twist. Either way, it's something I've talked about trying and finally found the time and place to do it.

The interesting part is the response I get when I happen to mention my newest hobby. It's one of those "OMG" and "Oh la la" and "wow" combos that makes it seem like I'm actually stripping at a club (and yes, the requests for demonstrations have already come in). It shouldn't be all that surprising. Pole dancing classes are gaining in popularity and, while they may not be entirely mainstream, they're not that uncommon. CBC has a video about it.

The only question that remains to be answered... are the poles gold coloured?

No comments: